Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Musical


On the 29th of July, I went to a musical titled, “Love Above All- the story of Jim and Elizabeth Elliot".
One day, Jim Elliot felt that God was calling him to go to Ecuador to preach the gospel to the people there. But Jim was in love with a girl named Elizabeth, and she felt that God was calling her to be a missionary (or did she want to do it herself?) in Africa. But then, when Jim was in Ecuador with Pete Fleming, Betty (Elizabeth, that’s her nickname) felt that God was calling her to go to Ecuador too. So she went.
One year later, Jim got married to Elizabeth. A few days after that, Jim went to search for a tribe called the Aucas. Do you know what was ssssssssssooooooooooo dangerous about them? They killed anyone they found!! :-(
So Jim went to find the Aucas and dropped a basket full of presents. A few weeks later, (there were five men) they went down to a beach. But then, something bad happened, the FIVE MEN GOT KILLED by the AUCAS!!! When the five wives heard about it, they went to the Aucas and shared the gospel with them and they believed! A few years later, one of the five men’s son was baptized by one of the Aucas and they lived (not to mention fairy tales) happily ever after!
I felt that the musical was quite nice but well, I too scared to be killed by such people!
Last but not least, I feel I might want to preach the gospel but not in the DANGEROUS countries!


:-) THE END :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home